Wednesday, July 5, 2017

It was as if a loving Heavenly Father fixed the brownies...

Hello world outside of Roxas. It's been a while, like an entire week!

Life has been pretty fun. So you can try to fathom just how fun, look at the picture below. :) 



Sometime in the next 2 hours-ish my president will be President Fermanis. Kind of weird to think about, but it's going to be awesome! This Thursday is MLC so we'll be going to Manila and will be one of the first ones to meet him. I'm way excited!!!!

Last weeks adventure!
I've been having a good time too. We found a bunch of new investigators this week. Most of them are magasawa [couples] too which is always fun. teaching families is so much more fun than individuals. Hopefully they all work out! That sneaky serpent has been trying to sabotage our current investigators. One family decided to go and live in El Nido for a long time. They didn't even tell us. We found out from their not super polite uncle. The other family we have, the Tulbo family is the one with all the chickens. He already had 2,500 and then one of the people in charge of the other chicken farm across town quit so now he has 5,000 chickens. He never is home anymore for us to teach them and they didn't make it to church yesterday either. :( I have faith though that the wisdom of God is far greater than the cunning ways of the devil.

the dead snake found on the beach last week... I don't think Rob knows this but it is a venomous Banded Sea Krait!
I'm excited for the 4th of July. I like how America makes such a huge deal about independence day. The Philippines independence day is super boring. they don't do anything to celebrate. We are going to have hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner. Too bad fireworks are bawal for missionaries. Maybe some fun ceiling decor will have to suffice. :) I also made that page in my planner into an American flag. It's pretty patriotic if I do say so myself. If you can remember my St. Patrick’s day planner, you can picture that 4th of July style. :)

I stubbed my toe this week, so that really hurt!



Yesteeday was way fun. It was Elder Tanner's birthday and the whole ward found out somehow. Our opening hymn for coordination meeting was Happy Birthday, so that was a first. Later we were called into bishops office and the whole PEC was there consulting the important matter of how much spaghetti to make for an FHE/birthday party for him. We have a fun ward! :) Last night we had our own spaghetti dinner with some brownies supplied by my wonderful family (stay tuned for the cool brownie miracle), and some ice cream. It was just us two, but it was fun none-the-less. 



About the Brownies, a miracle occurred similar to when Jesus turned water into wine. I was mixing up the mix, and it wanted 3 tablespoons of water and 1/2 c. of oil, but I accidentally added 1/2 c. of water so we decided to do just 3 tablespoons of oil. "It's all just liquid anyways." we justified. "It probably won't make much difference." Then we put it in the oven to bake while we did personal study. During my opening prayer for personal study I prayed for the brownies that they would turn out normal and when we took them out of the oven they were perfect! then they didn't even stick to the pan when cutting and scooping them out. It was like a loving Heavenly Father fixed the brownies, then added some sort of celestial PAM to the pan so it would be real nice to cut and stuff. If any of you wanted to be positive, let me tell you. God does hear our prayers, and he does care about our problems. Even if it is just something so seemingly insignificant as some brownies. It was definitely a testimony builder for me! Hopefully this story helped someone! :)

Man. Compared to that, nothing else seems very significant to talk about. i'll send some photos of the week though for you. You may be interested to see a dead tuko on the back wall of our house. :)



 Anyways, mahal ko po kayo!!!


Elder Fawson

Exchanges in Taytay


This was our last zone conference with President Ostler. 

The middle Filipino is Elder Corpuz, my dating companion. ("dating" is tagalog for "past". I promise we didn't go on any dates while we were together! haha)


You thought the Fibonacci sequence thing only showed up in cool rocks and stuff in nature. You thought wrong! It works great in pancakes too! hahaha MATHMAGIC! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment