Monday, June 6, 2016

Mango trees are all over the place...Mangos are tasty! I'm lucky.

Helo sa lahat! 

I'm just living it up here in Aborlan. I OYM-ed a girl that is going to college here and she called A"boring"lan. haha! It's not boring for me, because I'm just stayin' busy preaching the gospel and doing my missionary things. That's how the gospel makes you happy. If you understand the gospel and are always fulfilling your church duties, and reading the scriptures everyday, and stuff, you'll never be bored. There are lots of other ways we are blessed by the gospel too, like free snacks in church, eternal life, and important things like that too. Speaking of Eternal life, the baptism on Saturday went just dandy. Everything worked out nice, and even during the demonstration of the baptism I dropped the practice baptizee, but don't worry! It wasn't Sister Hannalyn. It was a member, so hopefully he forgives me!!!! haha 

I have another super awesome General Conference worthy analogy. We need to obey God like pokemon obey their trainers. God is like the most skilled trainer in the universe, and his work and his glory come in us, his pokemon, to become as powerful as possible. To do this we need to obey his commands. We grow by battling wild pokemon (trials). Our trainer knows what we need to do to defeat these obstacles and give us experience. In the game, when the pokemon grow really strong but the trainer doesn't have enough gym badges, the pokemon don't obey. They do the move that they want and not the one commanded by the trainer, or they don't do anything at all and just "loaf around." It is like they become proud and think they know better than the trainer. We need to be careful that when we grow strong, and receive church callings like quorum presidents, or bishops and stuff, that we still rely on the guidance of the Lord and don't think we can handle this calling on our own, because we cant. Just like a pokemon will never reach lvl 100 by "loafing around" in battle, we will never obtain eternal life by rejecting the lords advice and council for our lives. So that's what I learned from over 1,000 hours of playing pokemon in my life. Good stuff...



The weather has been actually pretty nice here. It has been raining a lot the past few days, but not crazy, and it's actually good, because there has been a bit of a drought here apparently. It's hard, 'cause the water to the apartment is really slow, and it makes it hard to shower and cook and stuff. Don't worry though. I still shower. haha That would be gross if I didn't. 

Sorry I haven't been able to really send photos. The internet here is super slow, and when I try to upload my photos, it makes everyones internet even slower, so I'll send all of them when I get back to the main land. Sorry for the inconvenience!!!




I'm doing just dandy here in Palawan. My new companion is Elder Corpuz, which is funny, 'cause we have some recent converts who are also named Corpuz. They are not related though. :) I guest the best way to describe him is Exacto lang. That's cause that's his catch phrase. He says it in a funny way too. Sa halimbawa, "kamusta Elder Corpuz?" "Exacto lang." It is sort of like saying "pretty average" but he's the only one in the whole Philippines that says it. It's funny! I'll send you a photo of us in a few months when I am back on the main land and the internet is faster, kasi sobrang matagal ang internet dito!

That's fun you went on a hike to Toquerville falls. I actually haven't ever been there. I did go on a hike the other day too though. Our service trike was super slow to pick us up from an appointment we had in a far barangay, and while we were waiting for him to come after like 10 minutes, the spirit made me remember the words to a song. "Hit the road Jack!" I took it as a sign, and we started walking. haha after about an hour and a quarter of walking the trike finally came down the road and drove us the last half kilometer to town. hahaha 

I did see another famous person today. this time George of the Jungle was riding a motorcycle. No joke, it looked just like him! Aborlan is a very interesting place. Maybe it really was George. There is some Jungle really close. In our area even. hahaha



That's neat that Heidi is working in the snow shack now. Maybe she and Anna can have a Snow-cone off some time and dad can be the taste tester, after his cleanse is over of course! haha They have a lot of competition here. I had a mean mango shake the other day. There are mango trees all over the place, and people can just eat them as they please. They just get these really long bamboo sticks and whack 'em out of the tree, and then eat them. It's sorta fun. Mangos are tasty! I'm lucky, I don't need to use a stick. hahaha



I'm actually really diggin' the weather around here. It mostly rains at night, and is just cloudy during the day, so it's not super hot. I do know how you feel about the 100 degrees everyday. Just be grateful you're not on the XC team and are running in that nonsense. haha Even though it's not as hot here, I seem to sweat a lot more. I can't decide if it's 'cause of the humidity, or if I'm just super manly now. haha Hopefully the second, but if manliness is also judged by how fast your beard grows, there's no way to tell considering I have to shave every day. Rough stuff. Maybe I'll just say it's the man thing. :)

I'll be attending a wedding tomorrow of my investigators, so that's super exciting! On the 18th is there baptism, so you can look forward to that. Maybe you could bake a cake and say, Congrazzles Edmar and Russel!!! That's what I would do but I don't have an oven, or Betty Crocker to help me, so I'm a bit at a loss. hahaha

Anywho, that's what's goin' on with me. Mahal ko kayo!!!!!


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment