Thursday, June 16, 2016

I've munched my fair share of fish brains in the last few months.

That's so awesome you caught so many fish!!! We definitely need to go
fishing when I get home. I've been eating a lot of fish here in
Aborlan. Filipinos eat pretty much the whole thing. I've got to admit,
the heads are actually pretty tasty. I've munched my fair share of
fish brains in the last few months. hahaha

I'm glad you're still finding fun ways to enjoy yourselves despite my
absence. It's a good thing you aren't a Filipino teacher. The schools
here just started up today, but they got out for summer last April
though, so maybe it's about the same amount of time. I love you!!!

The Barone couple are officially married as of last Tuesday. It was
really nice and the most nonchalant wedding I've ever heard of. They
planned it like 3 weeks ago, then they just went the the municipio
building, waited a while in the waiting room (because the mayor was in
a meeting) then the marriage was in the mayor’s office. It was just
like 10 people there. The Mayor, Brother and Sister Barone, us 4
missionaries, and a few members. The whole ordeal took about 15
minutes and voila! They are married. Afterwards we went to their house
and ate some rice, adobo, pancit and ice cream. It was really yummy. I
think the only way to be more simple than that is to elope off to
Vegas. haha They are super amazing though. They'll be baptized this
Saturday at 3 o'clock. That would be 1:00 Saturday morning if you want
to set an alarm and celebrate at the same time as me. haha!!!


In Filipino cuisine pancit are noodles. Noodles were introduced into the Philippines by the Chinese and have since been adopted into local cuisine.

Philippine Adobo  is a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine Cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar soy sauce, and garlic which is browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade. It has sometimes been considered as the unofficial national dish in the Philippines.  
Elder Corpuz is super fun. We have had a blast this past week. We get
along super well. The other day it was raining like crazy and our
trike guy was being a slow poke (not the Pokemon, unfortunately) so we
were walking in the rain and the road was like a river. My shoes got
real wet and we were just singing hymns and kicking water at each
other as we walked down the dirt road. It could have been a very
miserable time, but we decided to have fun instead. Our other kabahay
(house mates) are super fun to. We have lots of happy moments in the
evenings when we are waiting for bed time and at lunch. We have
kabahay lunch, so we all cook and eat together. It is really yummy. I
can make adobo and fried rice now. :) I'll cook some up for you in a
year and a half when I see you again. hahaha

I got to bless the sacrament yesterday, so that was a fun experience.
I haven't done that since the MTC. I forgot how fun it was to be up on
the stand, looking at all the peoples faces and stuff. That's the
first time I sat up on the stand in my whole mission since being in
the field. I haven't ever had to give talks or anything. Good thing
to, 'cause my Tagalog is still not super prime. It's getting a lot
better though. I really like speaking in a foreign language. It's
especially fun to sing tagalog hymns. You should try it some time.
haha

There's also lots of mangos here. People have these long sticks with
mini scythes on them. Brother Barone was using one to cut down some
mangos from a tree next to his house and I think that the grim reaper
himself couldn't have wielded a scythe with more skill. I tried it and
I was all like, "Scyther used CUT!" Then a mango fell from the tree.
"It's super effective!" hahaha I've learned a lot from my 1000+ hours
of pokemon. It's nice to know it wasn't just a bunch of wasted time.
hahaha :)

So yeah. That's a pretty good update about what's goin' on here with
me. I'm glad to hear you're all doing well! Mahal ko kayo!!!


Elder Rob Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment