Monday, May 30, 2016

The Philippines has the Bieber fever

Hello again!!! I'm sooo sorry I didn't write you a letter last week!!! I didn't even know that I had forgotten! I was so intrigued with all the things happening over on that side of the world that I didn't think to update you about myself. I think it was the death of Donatello [our box turtle from the back yard]. A moment of silence.... and I'm back!

Before I say anything else, I just have to tell you that the Philippines has the Bieber fever. haha I was eating my lunch the other day to "What do you mean?" and lots of other songs by him that I can't remember. It's not only here in Aborlan either. Back in Makati I remember shopping in the Super 8 with him going in the background more than once. hahaha It seems like everyone in America doesn't like him, but he's still big over here. Interesting, huh?


Justin Bieber when he was in the Philippines visiting Typhoon Haiyan victims
Now that I got that off my chest, Sister Hannalyn, who we baptized last Saturday, got confirmed yesterday!!! woot woot! It took a week longer than expected, but it happened, and that's what matters. We already started her reteaching! The other neat thing is that we had members work with us for her reteaching. It was really nice to have them there, because we haven't had a member worker in almost 3 weeks. I'd not realized before how great they were, but after not having one for so long, It's like how when you always have food in the fridge to snack on, but one day your parents start some crazy cleanse thing and you come home from school with those 'rumblies in your tumbly' and the fridge is mysteriously empty of anything tasty to eat. All there is is some Almond milk and some sort of cucumber soup. I feel you Heidi. I really do. :) hahaha

Next month is going to be a very productive month of missionary work here in Aborlan. We have 4 quite probable baptisms lined up. 2 of them are a couple that are getting married on June 7th, and then baptized on June 18th. They have 3 kids and are super awesome! Too bad Elder Ordesta won't be in town to see it. Wednesday is transfer day you see, and he got a text earlier saying he is transferring to Puerto. It's only about 45 minutes away, so maybe he can get permission to come and be there. I'm actually the only person in the Whole district that's staying. I don't think I am district leader though. That's fine though, I have enough responsibility on my shoulders being the new house mouse. hahaha Hopefully my new companion is really nice! haha

Thanks for the cuticle tip by the way. I did my laundry earlier and remembered the wise words of my mother, and they are all pushed back and happy! :)

That's about all I have to say this week. Oh! You should listen to Heidi's advice more often. Maybe she should review all of your letters to me. I am really happy to hear about Luke’s beard. Those things are very important. hahaha

I have one word of advice before I leave. "Be excellent to each other." -Bill


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment