Sunday, December 13, 2015

Doing my own laundry is really hard and gets my hands tired


Magandang Hapon, lahat tao! That means Good afternoon everybody!

Mom, I think your letters are just great!!! I like hearing about the little things like Lily singing about how she hates everyone, and the christmas tree garland. It's fun!!!

Everything is still pretty great here. I'm glad to hear all is well at home! Congratulations on putting up the Christmas tree! Are the lights up on the house yet? Did Dad make Heidi help this week, or have a field trip with his class and have them work as slaves to do it for him? 

When you talked about opposable thumbs, it reminded me of this guy we talked to a few days ago who was missing his thumb. He wasn't really missing it though. It just wasn't on his hand. He had it in his kitchen inside a jar of alcohol or something. How crazy is that? It felt unnatural shaking his hand, so I did it 3 times just to relive the experience. Cool, eh? Fun fact: I bet you thought just Canadians say "eh", but it's actually almost everyone except Americans. Australians, Fijians, Samoans, etc.

To answer a few of your questions, we have 2 companionships in our apartment, which is on the second floor.

Usually we eat at a cheap place across the street. Don't worry though, it's all safe. Sometimes we cook at home though. I made 1 eyed Egyptians for dinner last night, so thanks Dad for making me learn how that one time. I owe you big time!

We do a lot of walking around. Sometimes we ride the tricycle things though. Once when in one there was a sign that said Nosmoking, and I said to myself, "What's nos moking?" turning on my Tagalog brain, but nothing was coming. After a few minutes I realized it actually said "no smoking." haha. I thought it was funny! :)


 "The tricycle is the most popular means of transport in small towns and cities, especially in the rural areas."

We exercise every morning, and thrice a week we jog. Elder Lindaya isn't in as good of shape as me, probably because he never went to the gym with Dad and I. Thanks dad for helping me get big muscles! I owe you 2 now. 

We haven't ever had a dinner appointment with anyone yet, but hopefully that practice changes, and it happens more. That would be nice. The members are sobrang nice though. We had a ward Christmas party on Saturday, and everyone dressed up like it was Halloween or something, so that was fun. 
[Heidi, There were 2 of the Akatsuki there. I could tell by the red cloud pattern on their cloaks. I just stayed away from them and didn't look suspicious. I think they were onto me though, because I got a bloody nose, and got my shirt all bloody. haha! I suspect one of them used the forbidden blood thinning jutsu. Those sly dogs!]

I found a new scripture to add to one of my favorites! 2 Chronicles 5:12. It's talking about the dedication of the temple of Solomon, and you're not gonna believe this, but He-man was there. How crazy is that. Look it up!

My Tagalog is coming along quite nicely if I do say so myself, which I do. I can often say what I want to if it's not too complex. Now I just have to learn how to understand what other people are saying. They talk so fast!!! I feel like I can actually contribute to the lessons now, whereas before I was just there to say some stuff at the end that the investigator probably couldn't understand. It feels good to be understood when you say things! 

I do my own laundry, and they don't have machines to do it for me, so I'm literally doing my own laundry. It’s really hard, and gets my hands tired. Now I know what farmers feel like when they milk cows, cause it gets your hands so exhausted. Don't be surprised when I have buff hands and become the world thumb wrestling champion when I get back. It's a definite possibility!

I sleep great, and the bed is almost too small, but not quite so if I sleep diagonal, it works out just fine.

I haven't seen many spiders here so you can just worry about Sam having that problem. Maybe if I'm sent to Palawan you can worry about me. haha :) 

How did the Messiah go? It couldn't have been as good as last year without me there, but was it okay at least? hahaha

That sums up my life right now. I'm just having an awesome time here and all.

I love you all!!! Try to enjoy yourselves without seeing my happy face everyday. haha Good luck. :)

Elder Fawson


No comments:

Post a Comment