Thursday, March 16, 2017

It's a shame that swimming is bawal, but the white handbook says nothing about wading.

Hello everyone.

I had a pretty awesome week this week! Lets take this one day at a time. 

Last Monday after I e-mailed you we went to the store, bought all the stuff and made some delicious cookies, so that was fun! and tasty too! I'll include some photos for you to try to comprehend how good they tasted. :)




Tuesday we went to Taytay to do exchanges with the Elders over there. It was like a 2 hour ride by bus to get there but it's okay, because it was playing fun music the whole way. It played the Happy Days song, and some other good ones too that I don't remember of the top of my head. It was a good exchange though. I worked with Elders Petersen and Beltran. they have some good investigators who will probably be baptized next month. Also that night, Elder Petersen shared his Nutella and pretzels with me, so I guess you could say it was a successful exchange! hahaha

Wednesday was almost a full day of work in our own area, which was good because we were able to find a new family. This is the Valdez family. They are a friend of the member that was working with us and we had a really nice first lesson with them. they didn't go to church yesterday, but I'm thinkin' they'll make it next week. Prayer is real. It's worked for me in situations like this more than a few times!



Thursday we did a service project for a member in our branch and dug a really big whole. It was cool. I was super masipag [industrious]! I'll send you some photo documentation of that too. We also had an annoying thing happen about the DeGuzman family this day. Their marriage papers are going to take a long time to process, so they won't be able to get baptized on the 25th, so it'll be on April 1st instead. hopefully it's not just a great big April fools joke! hahaha

Nothing overly exciting happened on Friday except that it was my 1/2 birthday. In 6 more months and I'll be 20 years old. Crazy huh? I was hoping to eat half a cake, but we didn't have any cake so I didn't.

On Saturday something super scary happened. We had just finished teaching a less-active and we were stepping out of his house, I slipped on one shoe, looked around and couldn't find my other one. I was sort of freaking out inside 'cause this is my last pair. I haven't gotten my package yet with my new ones yet. We were looking everywhere (I was hopping everywhere) and we finally found it like 50 ft down the road. I have no idea how it got there, I'm just happy we found it. Shoe's don't just walk away without anyone's foot inside it. It's really weird. I still don't get it.

Sunday was awesome 'cause we had 9 investigators at church. The whole Deguzman (soon to be Robles) family was there, along with some people we haven't met before, but the members just brought some friends with them, so that was awesome! Also the Less-active guy, Ronny, came to for the first time in over a year. It's so fun when lots of people are there! 

Today was way fun. We had a district activity at the beach and did lots of fun things. The water here is a lot warmer than it is in California. It's a shame that swimming is bawal, but the white handbook says nothing about wading. Considering my long legs, I can wade a bit farther out than others too, so that was way awesome!!! We did some sand art. I think mine was the best. It's a leprechaun, because it's almost St. Patrick's day. He's standing next to his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.






That about sums up my week. We should be seeing a baptism on the 25th still though for Sister Mary Mae DeGuzman. She's the sister of Sister Marissa who will be getting married. So you can all keep your fingers crossed for that! :)


-Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment