Sunday, March 26, 2017

I ate a stingray the other day, so that was new. :)

Helo sa inyong lahat!

This week was super awesome. It was transfers, but neither I nor Elder Cortez got transferred, so that's happy! Especially considering the fact that we've got harvest day coming up next week! There are 3 new Elders in the zone though. I've only met 2 of them so far though, Elder Evans, and Elder Ballenas. They're both super cool. Elder Evans is from Dushesne Utah. I've never heard of such a place before, but it's super small daw. I got to talk to him for a while last Saturday for a long time while our investigator family was getting interviewed for baptism. 

So this Saturday we're having 6 baptisms in the district. 5 are for our area and 1 is for Elder Arninnio and Elder Evans. So yeah. Sisters Marissa, Mary Mae, Jiny, and Brothers Jeolito and Jomarie are all getting baptized. Marissa and Jeolito are getting married on Saturday around 4:00, then they'll all be baptized right after that. I think Bilbo Baggins said it best. "This will be a night to remember." It was actually almost only 4 baptisms because Mary Mae, and Marissa's mom was really mad and didn't want Mary Mae to get baptized so she wasn't going to do it, but then on Saturday night she came to the church while the others were getting interviewed and said, "I have my agency. I'm going to do what makes me happy." So she got interviewed and it's a miracle! Their family is all so nice. I'm so excited for them!

I ate a sting ray the other day, so that was new. :)



Just last night I heard from Elder Zesiger as he was following me up (because the APs area is now in my first area in Makati) that they OYMed and taught one of my previous investigators. We'd taught her a few times, but she was rarely home or available, so we stopped dropping by. He said she's been reading the Book of Mormon a whole lot and is really progressing. She's the same one who I told you about a long time ago that saw me on f
Facebook before I'd ever met or taught her. I like it when stuff like that happens. :)

This week we have MLC again, but we'll be going to the mainland on Wednesday morning and going to the temple. I'm so excited. I haven't been to the temple in about 14 months now. I can't wait to see that majestic chandelier again. It really is the coolest! After that, we are going to work with the APs in my first area, so I'll get to see lots of my old area again and stuff, so that's exciting too!!! I'll tell you how that goes next week, so you can be anxiously on the edge of your seats waiting for that, because I know that none of you have anything more important in the world that to be updated with my life. :)

My sunburn is healing nicely. It's pretty much all gone except for a bit of leg dandruff. actually not just a bit. My leg skin was peeling like crazy a couple days ago. It was sort of sickin' out my companion. It's not so bad anymore. Just a little itchy underneath my sock. 

That's about all I've got to say today. This week really has been great and I've seen lots of miracles happen. Lots of butterflies too. :)

One of the tourist draws to Palawan are the many beautiful butterflies!

I hope you all have a good week. Mahal ko kayo!!!


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment