Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Maligayang Pasko sa lahat, at sa lahat, magandang gabi!


This week was super awesome!!! I had lots of good things happen, some not super fantastic things that happened, but the fantastic things outnumber the others, so it's alright! 

I'll start with the most exciting, and it's not that it's Christmas. Now you may all be wondering, "What in the world could be more exciting than Christmas?" Well let me tell you. Something of importance that goes beyond this world. Brother Carl Sean got baptized on Christmas Eve, and is now officially a member of Ang Simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga Banal sa mga Huling Araw. Super cool hah!!! 

The next coolest thing is that it was Christmas! Christmas is a big deal here. They start singing carols in September, and don't stop until mid-January. That means that for over 1/4 of the year is the Christmas season. It's pretty neat! 

One of the things that was super unfortunate is that Elder Santos might be going home early. President Ostler is still deciding what to do with him, and he's with the APs right now. I am working with my Zone leaders, Elders Cortez, and Zesiger, so that's fun, because they are fun, but not fun, because of Elder Santos. It's fine though. I still had a good Christmas. I made some Jell-O that Elder Zesiger got in a package and was able to slurp on that last night, so it was super tasty!!! I like Jell-O 

Another thing that was less than ideal happened too. I was eating a cracker with a slice of Cheese and some summer sausage on it, when I thought to myself, "I should take a photo of this, so I took out my camera, put it on my desk picked up my cookie, then it fell! It all happened so fast, I had no time to react! it landed first on my foot, then clattered to the floor. Probably now you're all saying to yourselves, "ahh, he dropped a perfectly good cookie." Wrong. It wasn't the cookie that fell. It was my camera. It fell right off my desk. I picked it up to see if it was okay, and it is not. I can still look at all my photos, but if I try to take any pictures, it's just all black. I hope there's some way to fix it, but I don't know. It's super sayang though! So I may need to get a new camera. I still have all my pictures though, so that's good! :) Sorry Mom. I forgot to mention that durring my skype. I just couldn't bear to see your disappointed face as I told you. 

I guess that's good for my e-mail this week. I pretty much already told you all about everything else, like the girl on the trike who loves me, and that I see lots of baklas [cross-dressers]. :) So yeah...

Picture

Robert told us on Skype about how they have a chain of food carts there that sell  fries and soda in the same cup! The fries are in a smaller cup that fits into the top of the big soda cup and the straw slurps the soda from underneath! haha Asians are so clever and practical! Why didn't I think of that?

Mahal ko kayo!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment