Saturday, December 17, 2016

I stealthily took our phone out of my shirt pocket...

Hello everyone. 

This week was way super duper awesome!!! Our mission tour was great with Elder Haynie. He's one of the people who gave a closing prayer in one of the sessions of the last conference, if you were wondering. He taught us all about how to find more effectively. But not just finding anyone. Finding scattered Israel. Scattered Israel are the people who are super ready for the gospel, and will progress so so fast. He really emphasized about not wasting your time on people who aren't going to get baptized. Sometimes, missionaries have some investigators who love to have bible study and listen to us in their homes, but never do their reading assignments, go to church, or act on any of our teachings. Missionaries just keep going back though, because we need to have lessons, but the people aren't really ever going to progress. We were instructed to drop those people and use the time we would have spent teaching, finding new people who will progress. He said, "if what you're doing isn't bringing anyone closer to baptism, it isn't worth your time." It's super true. It was a spiritual feast. I learned about a lot of cool things. Did you know who it was that baptized Adam? Go read Moses and figure it out. You can E-mail me next week with your answers. :) Not only was it a spiritual feast, but a food feast too. There's more than one reason I like going to zone conferences. :) hahaha

Did you know that prayer is true? Well it is, so you can stop wondering now. Wanna know how I know? Because yesterday, when church started, Brother Julius wasn't there. If he doesn't go to church, he can't be baptized on Dec. 27th, and I may get transferred and not get to see his baptism. After the sacrament was finished he still wasn't there. I said a prayer that he could come and not have to postpone his baptism. after like 15 minutes he still wasn't there. I stealthily took our phone out of my shirt pocket and just like all the kids in high school, started my texting, hoping no one would see. After I sent my text, asking where he was and if he was coming, I said another prayer that he could get here right now. Lo and behold, he came in right through the door like 17 seconds after my "amen." It was super happy for me, and He's still gonna be baptized!!! It was a close call, but God is much stronger than Satan. It's a bummer he missed the sacrament, but he'll be there on time next week. :)

I went to a little bit of the First Presidency Christmas Devotional yesterday, and it was super awesome. I only saw the talks of Elder Oaks and Elder Christensen, but it was super great none-the-less. Also I was pleased to here that song from the Messiah right after Elder Oaks' talk. It brought back some good memories. I really miss playing my viola and performing for stuff like the Messiah, school concerts and the like. I think when I get home, I'm just going to go pro for my viola. I'll master the violin and learn to play some other instruments too, like the piano and the saxophone. It's gonna be great!!! I've been feeling really inspired about that recently.

That's crazy Michaela went flying! The only time I've ever done that is in Disney Land on the Flying over California ride. It's probably a lot cooler in real life though. I'm soup jelly. (that's a fun way of saying super jealous. I just thought of it, and am probably gonna use it for the rest of my life.) I've always wondered what it's like to be a bird, and now Michaela knows. I definitely want some photos next week! :)



Elder Zesiger got a package with a Christmas tree inside, so we spent some time and put some lights on it and decorated it all nice and christmasy. It was really fun. It already has a present under it, because I got that gift from Sam and Michaela last week. Thanks so much by the way. I'm excited for Christmas to come so I can open it!!! I'll send some photos of the tree. It really is spectacular!!!


Brother Ice King finally came to church for the first time yesterday. I had to pick him up this week, but maybe in the next few weeks he can build up the faith to come on his own. We've taught him the lessons up until lesson 4. Hopefully he doesn't have any word of wisdom problems. That would really push back his baptismal goal. :)

I guess that's about all I've got to say this week. I'm still not positive what time I will call for Christmas. I'll tell you next week. If you have any suggestions, I'm happy to here your ideas about when would be best. Just take into account the time change, and I have 9:00 church on the 25th. We'll figure it out though. :) Mahal kita!!!!!

Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment