Monday, November 21, 2016

I shower with a little bucket that I dip into a big bucket and pour water over myself...

Helo ang aking pamilia at mga kaibigan!
[Hello my family and friends!]

Elder Fawson with his new companion Elder Santos
...with his eyes closed he looks even more like  the half blind Goliath next to the faithful David giving the thumbs up sign 


I'm super ready for Thanksgiving this Thursday! Elder Zesiger got a package with a miniature feast inside, and I think he's willing to share, so that's fun! I guess there isn't really such thing as a mini feast, because feast implies that there is a lot of food, so this year'll be more like a Thanksgiving snack. :) Thanksgiving really isn't a big deal in the Philippines. Let me tell you a little bit about how they celebrate. They pretend like it's just like every other average day of the year. The feast includes rice, ulam, and sabaw [dish and soup] if you're lucky. Basically just like every single other meal here. Yup. Nothing special. I'm excited to celebrate with Elder Zesiger. We were in the MTC last Thanksgiving, and it wasn't special either. I hope you have fun though! I'll send you some photo documentation of our thanksgiving snack and my fun decorated planner next week. :)

Let me tell you all about something fun that happened yesterday. There we were sitting in church, and this member, Sister Maya comes up and says something to the effect of, "Elders, let me introduce you some of my friends." Then, BOOM! 6 nonmembers were standing right there just waiting to learn about the gospel, and then BAM! They live in our area. Then last night we found their house but we didn't have a 3rd lalaki [man] so it was like SNAP! But then we set up a return appointment. KABLAM!!! They haven't been taught yet, but probably they'll be baptized next January, so hopefully this isn't my last transfer here in Pamplona! Astig ang kuwento iyan, di ba?[The epic story that, right?] Also we had some other investigators at church too and one of them will be baptized in just a few weeks. His name is Sean and he is 13 years old. Yup. Just doing my part to keep the work moving along. :)

Robert and a group of his fellow servants

I know why Heidi wanted to go to the movie about how to find fantastic beasts. Because she ran out of new Pokemon to find on Pokemon Go, and needs to learn some new searching techniques. Keep it up Heidi. I'm excited to play with you when I get home! 

I actually was deceived about becoming AP. I just went on exchanges with some missionaries who live next to the mission office. It was still fun though. I had a sleepover party and really enjoyed having a real shower head again, even if it's just for one day. All that was lacking was the water heater. haha For the past 8 months I've been showering with a little bucket that you dip into a big bucket of water and just pour water over myself from the little bucket. The worst is when I'm the first to shower and the water in the big bucket has been out all night and it's extremely cold! You know how I feel about cold water. You may think that I've gotten over that after so long of dealing with it, but let me tell you, it's just as traumatizing as the first time.

I'm glad that people still ask about my well being. I was afraid that people would sort of forget about me after a year passed of not feeling my glorious presence, pero hindi pala! [but they never did!] Say thanks to sister Linquist, and to Brother Ard and Brother Bassett (I miss seeing him walk his dogs every morning), and tell the Evans family "Hi" for me. Especially Hunter. He's funny! Also tell Hunter that I like his yellow shirt that says, "Shut the front door." Also say hi to the Entwistles for me. They are nice. :) 

Elder Zesiger and I have started a hymn count-down. When we had 341 days left we started singing one hymn a day and we're going to keep it up until we sing The Morning Breaks in our last day in the mission. We are on number 330 now. It's really fun and it's also a good thing I can read notes, because I don't know every song in the book, but I can usually pick up the tune after a few minutes of humming to myself. It's a fun tradition! :)

so yeah. That's what I've been up to. I have a new companion, Elder Santos. He's really fun and we are going to have a lot of fun together!!! I'll send a photo of us, because I know how much you are all just dying to see an updated version of my face! :) hahaha

That's about all I have to say. Mahal ko kayo!!!

Elder Fawson

to Steve, Robert wrote...

That's so cool you are a high priest now. When you were ordained did you do the He-Man thing? "I have the power!!!" That's what I wanted to do after receiving the Melchizedec Priesthood, but I was a little afraid. Hopefully you were a braver than me. :) Too bad you weren't called while I was still in young mens. I don't think you  ever had a calling in Young Mens at the same time as I was in there. I am happy you went on a lot of our trips though! Like the 50 miler, and to Lake Powell and on camp outs and stuff. You are a good dad! If we do still have a chicken when we get home, maybe I can master the art of Lechon Manok [roasted chicken], and we can all enjoy a Filipino feast when I get home. If not, adobo is tasty too. And I think that Italian sausage minudo would be thebomb@gmail.com! :)


Anywho. I'm all out of time to say more, but I do like your turkey joke. I laughed really hard!!! :) Mahal kita!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment