Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I totally OYMed Ronald McDonald

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! (last Wednesday) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!
(last Thursday) HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIN!!! (Last Friday)

Woo wee! Lots of fun things happening at home way over there yonder on
that side of the world. But let me tell ya', fun things happened here
too! On Wednesday (my moms birthday) I went on exchanges with Elder
Baquiran, my zone leader, and we had a super amazing day! I get to do
stuff like that because I'm a district leader. It's the only exchanges
I get to go on because the rest of my district are sisters. Anywho, we
had a super successful day. We were able to have 8 lessons, and 80
OYMs. Grabe ang dami [heavy volume]!!!! There was this one time where we were
completely surrounded by little children shouting at me, "Ano ang
height mo? Grabe ang tangkad! Kaya mo bang mag-dunk?" [ What is height Mo? 
Heavy height!  So you like to dunk?]and lots of
stuff of the like. I turned to Elder Baquiran and said, "They're my
disciples!" hahaha I think Elder Baquiran has heard the word
"Matangkad" [tall] more times that day alone than his whole life previous.
hahaha It was awesome!

I had a super crazy awesome OYM last Monday after we left e-mailing
for lunch. We went to McDonalds and it just so happened that Ronald
McDonald was home. haha I totally OYMed him and gave him a restoration
pamphlet. I think that's the famousest person I've ever OYMed in my
whole mission. haha My chicken McNuggets tasted just that much better!
hahaha


Elder Guzman and I had a really successful week this week. Last week
we had a shortage of OYMs. We only got 157 (Our goal is 190). This
week we went crazy and had 224. We made up the slack of last week and
plussed one. haha. We are super pleased with ourselves, however, I
must say na mas magaling ang Espiritu Santo! haha

Dad, I'm with you on not feeling super great at the moment. I had a
super bad sore throat last Thursday and then thursday ng gabi, nawala
ang voice ko talaga! [Thursday night I really lost my voice] I sounded worse than 
Yoda would after 63 years of smoking. It was ridiculous. It was so hard.
 I could barely force out a "Magandang gabi po. [Good Evening]" 
to the passers-by. My voice did come back. but I'm still hacking up a bunch
 of nastiness from my throat. I think I'm actually a teensy bit sick right now, 
but it's no biggy. "Carry on, carry on, carry on!"

Don't be surprised if there is an extra section added to the Doctrine
and Covenants in the very near future. I've got quite the district
meeting planned for tomorrow, so you can all be on the look out for
that. Maybe it will be announced in a few weeks in General Conference.
:)

So yeah. That's what's up with me! I'm glad you were able to go to
Ryan's Homecoming. He's the best running partner a running partner
could ask for. If you see him again, tell him I've got some sweet
Pedro-proof shoes.

I do have a scripture of the week. It is found in Deuteronomy 22:5.
Cross-dressing is an abomination daw. Have fun applying that to your
life and finding spiritual comfort.

Mahal ko kayo!!!


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment