Monday, September 5, 2016

I made the Triforce my symbol of inspiration for my mission...


This is a picture of the road to our recent converts. I basically lived in the jungle for 5 months. No biggy.
Helo! Thanks for the birthday wish! I haven't gotten your package yet, but zone conference is this Thursday, so I'll be going to Buendia and be able to drop by the mission office and hopefully it will be there. I'm super excited!!! 

This'll be my first birthday in the mission, so who knows how it'll go? I do!!! I'll wake up at 6:30, say to myself, "Maligayang kaarawan, Elder Fawson!" then exercise for a half hour. Then I'll take a shower, prepare for the day, do my studies, eat lunch, and go out and invite others to come unto Christ. Around 4:00, I'll go and attend a baptism of sister Hanna, an investigator of a companionship in my district. You can all say congratulations to Sister Munda and Sister Balasubramaniyam!!! Her name is sooo long!  I was the one to interview her and say she is allowed, so that was cool! Being the district leaders, I interview all the baptismal candidates in my district. It was actually a miracle. I was really worried when I was called to be district leader about conducting this interview, because my Tagalog isn't perfect yet and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to understand everything she was saying, but during the interview I had the gift of interpretation of tongues and understood every single word she said. It was awesome!!!! After the baptism I'll eat some dinner, proselyte some more, go home, plan, eat some birthday Choco Muchos (Mmmm boy!) and go to bed. I can't think of a better way to celebrate! hahaha


There are 3 points to the Triforce: Power, wisdom, and courage. I made it my symbol of inspiration for my mission. Power in the priesthood /Wisdom in inspired questions /Courage to OYM 
Also being district leader, I get to teach district meeting, so last Tuesday was my first time to teach that. It was pretty good. I taught how to more effectively find new investigators. I thunk up a super nice analogy about it too. You see, hunting for new investigators is just like hunting for a shiny Pokemon. You have to come across thousands and thousands of Pokemon before you find a shiny. The same goes for finding. There are Thousands and thousands of people we will talk to before we will find that "golden investigator." It was quite a successful lesson if I do say so myself. I'm just glad I'm not the only Poke-maniac in my district. That would have been super awkward!!! hahaha


I'm really liking my area. I had forgotten what it was like to be flocked by herds of children. Sometimes it's like I have my own disciples. I sort of know what Jesus felt when he was on earth about his disciples. He performed some awesome miracle and the people were all amazed and followed him around the streets, then he started teaching them his gospel, the people realized it was hard and stopped following him. I get children following me around all the time. I'll dunk a basketball or something and get these crowds of 10-15 kids, then I introduce myself as a missionary, give them a pamphlet and they lose interest and go back to their old lives. It's sort of sad, but I've found a few new investigators through these tactics, so it's always worth a shot! 

That Balut picture was crazy huh? You could see the little duck head and everything. I just sprinkled some salt on it, and dumped the whole thing into my mouth. I could't just swallow it, 'cause it was an entire mouthful. I chewed for almost a minute. It wasn't hard, but sometimes there would be a little crunch as I chewed the baby beak and stuff. It wasn't super gross, but I not jumping for another opportunity to do it either. I'd do it again though if everyone else was. It was a good experience and I invite everyone to try it if they ever get the chance. hahaha

I'll send some more pictures for you from my journeys on Palawan!

I hope you all have a nice week! Mahal kita!

Elder Fawson
Kabahay farewell party...We had ice cream, and made some toron (a banana wrapped in brown sugar and a thin, crusty tortilla, then deep-fried. Super yummy!)




This is a picture of the shrimp that our elder quorum president gave to us. We fried it and turned it into a delicious ulam. MMMM


Monkey Picture for Heidi


You can tell Grandpa to sell the tractors and just buy a couple of carabao for the farm. The only problem is that I think they only live in the Philippines. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment