Wednesday, March 30, 2016

No egg salad sandwich for Easter = semi- bummer

Hello everyone!!! I'm so happy you are all so happy! haha According to the photos I've gotten it looks like you're all just having a ball!!! I too am doing pretty awesome! 

I had a super awesome Easter, because it was just like every other day of my last 5 months, and they have all been super awesome. :) You can tell whoever it is that won the Annual Fawson Family Easter-egg Hunt "CONGRAZZLES!" Unfortunately for them, I won the hunt that was most important. The 1st Annual Fawson Family Soul Hunt. That's right. New tradition! haha We found 12 new investigators this week, and 5 of them are a family, so it's super exciting. 

This week, I was in a lesson with one of our less-actives, Brother Chance (he's only 12 yrs old) and I was like, "ngayon, magbahagi kami sa inyo tunkol sa isang Easter message. (Now, we're gonna share to you about an Easter message) and he was all like, "What's Easter?" I was so surprised! He had no idea about what Easter was! How sad is that? We explained it to him though, so now he knows. Don't worry. :)

Last Wednesday was our zone conference. That's when 3 or 4 zones all get together and receive training and stuff from the Mission President and it's super great, so that was awesome. We learned about how to be "The One." Not "the chosen one," (although I already have that one down. people call me Harry Potter for some reason. haha) but the one that stands alone in temptation, and stuff like that. It was really great and inspiring. President Ostler talked about the Grand Canyon. We are all on one side of the canyon (which was labeled as "Justice") and we want to get to the other side (which was labeled "Mercy") Fortunately there is a bridge (the atonement). Unfortunately, there is a toll to get across the bridge (repentance). The bridge is the only way for us to get from the super hot dusty uncomfortable side of justice, to the nice not so hot and dusty and more comfy side of mercy. I think at the grand Canyon, both sides are super hot and dusty, but it was a good analogy. :) Magsisi kayo, magsisi kayo [repent, repent] !!! haha 

Philippines Manila Mission North Zones
Anywho, the most memorable thing about zone conference was what happened on the way home.  We were at a cross-walk trying to flag down a taxi, and a lady came up to me and asked if I was an ambassador of Christ. I replied, "We're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." Then she grabbed my hand, put it on her head and said, "Heal me! Heal me!" shocked, I stepped back and then she prostrated herself on the ground and bowed down to me calling me a god and stuff. I was really freaked out. We told her to stand up and helped her to her feet, then she just started talking really fast in Tagalog and was sobbing. I had no idea what to do. A traffic director came over and made sure she was okay, so we just speed-walked across the street and found somewhere else to catch our taxi. It was quite possibly the most awkward experience of my entire life!!!

[Rob wrote a letter to his mission president explaining the event and asking him for advice on how he should have handled the situation more appropriately, in the event that anything similar happens again in the future.]


Yesterday I was giving someone a high five, and they wanted to do a knuckles, so he knuckled my palm and it reminded me of when at school we would always give each other turkeys, and then I lost The Game, so that was lame. hahaha

Yup. I can't really think of anything else to share about that would be worth telling. everything seems so insignificant compared to being a god. :) I never got to eat my egg-salad sandwich, so that was a semi-bummer. Hopefully I will have time later today!

 I sang Come Unto Jesus in church yesterday, so Dad, if you sang in church for some Easter program, you can know that I did the same thing and feel some sort of fatherly connection. haha Happy Easter!!! I guess it's still yesterday for you all. :) Ingat!!!

Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment