Monday, September 4, 2017

The greatest last transfer of my mission!!!

Hello world. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! The season just creeps up on you so fast! especially when an entire 1/3 of the year is the christmas season where you live. We sang Oh Come All Ye Faithful in church yesterday. Fun Stuff. :) 

Many of you may be thinking this is just an average day in the same computer shop I've been e-mailing in for the last 8ish months, but you thought wrong. I'm in Puerto right now in a computer shop I've never seen before in my whole 19 years and 358 days of being alive on this earth. We (Elder Tanner and I) left Roxas yesterday and stayed the night here in Puerto, then last night we had a most excellent spaghetti dinner, with some nice salad and a tasty graham cake in commemoration of Elder Tanner and Ullery's last Sunday in the mission. We woke up at 4:20 this morning to get ready and dropped them off at the airport. They are already in Manila right now. While sitting in this computer shop, the transfer info just came in. I'm going to lumipad to Puerto and be zone leader here. My companions (yup. that's plural, with an "s") will be Elder Ahn, and McCauley. They are both super awesome and this is going to be one of the greatest last transfers of my mission!!!


The only problem now is that all my damit [clothes], gamit [stuff], and other Kwan is all naiwan [behind] in Roxas. Looks like I'm making a road trip up there tonight to pack and stuff. My recent converts are going to be super bummed. I'm going to miss the Rublez family so much. They were the very first people I taught when I got to Roxas last February. I helped baptize them, and am now working on teaching the sister of Sister Marissa. That's going to be a hard goodbye! There are lots of people we were working with that are progressing super well. I think next transfer there could be 8-10 baptisms in that area. The people we were teaching were super solid in everything. I know the missionaries that are taking over though, and they are way awesome!!! I'm sad to go, but I'm still going to zone leader of Roxas too, because the Roxas and Puerto zones just combined, so I'll still be updated with everything. Also I'll be going back at least once this transfer to do exchanges, so I'll be able to see everyone again then as well. :) 

I got my itinerary sent to me today too, so that was sorta weird. I'll be arriving in St. George around 11:10 PM. That's pretty late. I hope Subway is still open at that time! That's a good idea about seeing Claire and Jon in Salt Lake. I think that would totally work out. I will be able to hold baby Margot, and see if Eevee still knows who I am before I even get home. I'll have to teach some Tagalog to Mila too so next time they come to visit home we can have secret conversations about My Little Pony and no one would ever suspect us. hahahahaha

Kind of a lot is going through my mind right now after hearing about transfers, and getting my itinerary and all that I can't really think about anything very interesting in comparison to talk about. We paid the electric bill the other day. that only happens once a month. It was about 1,400 Pisos. That's about the equivalent of $30. Does electricity cost much more than that in America? I don't really know. If you add the water bill on top of that it may be about $35. It's a good thing we split that between the two of us. I don't know if my support could handle paying all that on my own. :)

Another cool thing happened on Saturday that may catch Heidi's interest. We went to visit our recent convert Jocelyn so Elder Tanner could say farewell, and when we got to their house there was a baby monkey that Tatay Sanchez found and caught. Now they have a pet baby monkey and he is oh so very very cute and I pet him, and hawaked him, and played with his baby monkey ears. It was so awesome!!! I didn't have time to copy the pics to my flash drive, so maybe next week you can see his kaastigan [very good]. Yup. Fun stuff. :)

That about sums up all that's going on with me. Life is good, it's going to stay good with everyone who's getting iwaned in Roxas, and it's gonna be crazy good with all us here in Puerto. Sana l[hopefully] life is keeps goin' good fer all y'all din [also]. Mahal kita and ingat [and remember I love you]. Sa labas na si Elder Fawson. KAPAYAPAAN! (Elder Fawson is out. PEACE!)


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment