Monday, September 11, 2017

Yesterday was my birthday which was nice...

Okay, so this is not really Robert... but it is Palawan!


Hello sa all y'all.

Who wants to know about a a cool miracle that happened this morning? Syempre everyone! I was preparing for the day and was waiting for Elder McCauley, my new guwapo companion, to finish ironing his shirt. He finally finished and I started my own then after like 2 minutes I realized that the iron wasn't even hot even though it was plugged in. I was confused because it had worked so well for Elder McCauley, but not for me. Turns out right as I started a burnout started too and we didn't have any koriente. I decided to wait for it too come back, but after like a half hour we decided to have a kabahay prayer and ask Heavenly Father to please bless us with electricity. About 2 minutes after the "amen" the electric fans started going and we were back in business. Then we knelt down and gave another prayer of gratitude. It was super cool. Moral of the story, God loves us and wants us to be happy. It was really cool. Now I have a wrinkle free polo and am feeling oh so fine. :)

It's been a crazy week. Transferring is always crazy, but this one especially because I usually have time to actually get familiar with my new area for the first few days, but not this time. We have been so busy doing so much stuff. Last Saturday we went back to Roxas for a baptismal interview (I conducted the interview which was fun because I taught the candidate a a couple times on exchanges before I transferred). We also had a meeting with the Porteous' about some stuff we needed to coordinate to combine the Roxas and Puerto zones, and then just a bunch of other stuff that abducted almost all our proselyting time. We'll probably go back to Roxas again this Saturday for another baptismal interview. This one is someone that I would've baptized had I not been transferred. I'll just have to interview her instead. :)

We did get to teach a few lessons though. One of them was with some new investigators we found in a fun way. We were looking for this lady and we went up to this house to ask if they knew her, but before we could say anything they told us to come in and sit down. We just sort of played it cool and pretended we knew what we were doing, but really we had no idea who these people were. Turns out they were a family of previous investigators of almost a year ago. We taught them and are going back on Tuesday. Then we also found Saphia (the person we were looking for in the first place) and taught her too. :) It was cool. This week I'll be able to get to know the area and current investigators better... if we have time after MLC and all. We're going to Manila on Wednesday and Thursday, so that'll snip out a chunk of time to teach, but it's fine. MLC is the best!

Elder Ahn and McCauley are my new companions and they are super awesome. They are both Amerikano, so that's fun. I went the first 18 months with purong pilipino companions, and now I'm gonna go the last 6 with purong Ameikanos. Fun stuff! 

Yup. All is going well here. I'm still on Palawan which is nice, I have sweet companions which is nice, yesterday was my birthday which was way nice, and we're making some homemade macaroni and cheese for lunch later which will be super nice! Yup. I'm doing good! :) Hopefully you all had as great a week as me and have a nice upcoming week as well. I know I will. Mahal ko kayo!!!


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment