Monday, May 8, 2017

Someone is really watching out for me...Heavenly Father...He's the best!

Hello everybody!!!!

This week was super busy and full of lots of traveling. On Tuesday morning we got the news that Elder Cortez was transferring. We spent a few hours that day saying farewell to people, then around 5:00 pm, hopped into the Wolcott's car (they're the senior couple here on Palawan) and headed to Puerto where we would spend the night. 



Wednesday morning we woke up around 5:00 am, got ready, and headed to the airport. It was a fun flight because I got an emergency seat. Someone is really watching out for me because every single flight I've been on I've gotten an isle seat, or one with lots of leg room. I said thanks to Sister Jacobsen (who schedules the flights) for it but she said she wasn't allowed to choose seats and forwarded the credit to a loving Heavenly Father. He's the best! At the mission office I said my farewell to Elder Cortez and met my new companion, Elder Tanner. You may all be thinking, "what kind of Filipino name is Tanner?" Let me tell you, it's not. I officially have my first American companion! He's super cool and whiter than me. 

I slept in Manila that night and then went to MLC on Thursday morning. We learned a lot about how to use our Family Booklets for finding and it was really awesome! It's a good thing my booklet is all filled out and has lots of fun pictures in it. I actually use it a lot to show people my family and they like it a lot! 

We went straight to the airport after MLC to we wouldn't miss our flight, but it was fine. The plane was supposed to leave around 5:30, but didn't really leave until after 8:00. I guess even the airports here run on Filipino time. :) It's a good thing I'm already accustomed to Fawson time or I might have been really annoyed. hahaha We got back to Puerto just in time to run to Jollibee before heading home. 


It's been fun working with Elder Tanner. We get lots of people making fun of us because we're both white and can speak Tagalog. We found a nice new family last night and we are going back to them mamaya. We also have a baptism coming up this Saturday which will be awesome too!! It's been a lot of stuff this week and I don't have enough time to say all of it right now.

I'm really having a great time over here and I like eating smarties every morning to make me smarter during my lessons and stuff. :) Mahal ko po kayo!!!

Elder Fawson



P.S. I've decided to Skype on Monday morning instead, then it will be Sunday night for you and still mothers day. That will be fun and better for me because Saturday will be crazy busy with the baptism and some other meetings and stuff. I can't wait to see y'all!!! :) Sorry it's sort of a shorter letter this week! :) I love you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment