Monday, October 16, 2017

Goodbye to Palawan and the mini-pizza miracle :)

"Saying our goodbyes to Elder Fawson and Elder Tavita. Well done thou good and faithful servants"
-Sister Porteous

Sister Janet Porteous standing on her tippy toes as she tries to get in the same  frame for a photo :) 



Robert and Brother Porteous in their matching plaid. 


Robert saying his farewells at the airport in Puerto Princessa, on the island of Palawan, on his way to the mission home in Manila for a couple of days before he comes home!


Hi sa lahat!

There was a crazy thing that happened yesterday. I was walking to a recent convert's house, Algene, to say goodbye to him (because I'm coming home on Wednesday) and I said to Elder Ahn, "it smells like those mini pizzas made out of english-muffins." then he was like, "Wow! I used to make those all the time in college! Man I want some of those right now." skip forward about 2 hours. We finished visiting Algene and also just finished teaching our recent convert, Michelle for the last time (because I'm coming home on Wednesday). The closing prayer just ended and Michelle stands up and says, "wait lang kayo." then she goes into the kitchen and brings out a plate of little mini pizzas made on little english-muffin-like bread. How crazy is that?!?! I haven't had those in probably like 4-5 years, and haven't even heard about them existing in the Philippines! Then Michelle says something to the effect of, "Masarap ba?” [It is delicicious?] I haven't ever tried making these before. I just wanted to experiment. I am 100% sure of some divine intervention here. :) Moroni was right. Miracles really haven't ceased. haha
The little girl is Avril. She was also there to witness the pizza miracle. You can see evidence of it because hinahawak niya ang pizza right there in the photo. :)
I just thought you'd like to read one of my last fun mission miracles before I can tell them to you under the sound of my own soothing manly voice. :)
Here's my district. The gwapo guy in the front is Elder Ludlow. He's super funny and cool! The Korean (not chinese) one is my companion, Elder Ahn. Not off, Ahn. :) Then there's sister Wily, and Biag too. They rock like a mountain!

We had hot dogs to celebrate my last Sunday in Puerto. :)


Well, I'll see you on Wednesday, or maybe it'll be super duper early Thursday morning. Depende sa flight ko kung may delay o hindi [It depends on my flight if there is a delay or not.]

Picture of a sweet island I saw out of my airplane window while flying from Palawan to the mainland kanina.
Anywho, kita kits tayo this week. :) Mahal ko kayo!


Elder Fawesome 

1 comment:

  1. Im happy for you.glad you enjoy your visit in my country :) sakit.info

    ReplyDelete