Monday, April 18, 2016

Miracles exist, don't forget it!

RE: missing the Bach festival... I'm glad the ensemble isn't entirely crippled without me! I'm afraid I'm gonna be so out of practice when I get back that I won't even be able to play my twinkles. hahaha I'm glad that there is still Heidi and Anna there to hold every one together. 

Hello!!! Prepare your minds, 'cause I'm going right to the greatest thing of the week right now. You may want to sit down before proceeding to read.

It was yesterday. After church we had a meeting about missionary stuff, and after that meeting we went home to our bahay to finish up out studies for the day, 'cause we have 9:00 church and didn't have time to do them all in the morning. We finished our companion study and started doin' some Language Study. During our language study it started to rain. After our study we were praying right before our going out to teach the gospel to all the creatures in Aborlan. Elder Ordesta was praying and he said,"Heavenly father, we are grateful for this rain, bless us during out proselyting that we can have the spirit with us." Then it started to rain really hard. "We are thankful for this powerful rain." Then he remembered that I didn't have an umbrella because I forgot it in my last area due to the surpriseness and speed of my departure. "Please let this rain stop before we go out. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." Miraculously, only 30ish seconds later the rain had completely stopped, and in a matter of minutes the sky was clear and there were only clouds in the distance. It was raining really hard only just a few minutes earlier. It was literally cartoon status "That's the power of the home depot." Not! It was the power of prayer, and praying out of charity for those around you. So yeah. Prayer is real. True story! Also we were able to share this wonderful experience later that day as we taught about prayer to some investigators. Miracles do exist even today. Don't you forget it!



The Tagbanwa, one of the oldest ethnic groups in the Philippines can be mainly found in the central and northern Palawan.


We are doing really well with our area. President Ostler wants us to focus on the people really close to the chapel, because our area is really big, but the people who live really far away usually don't come to church, or if they do get baptized, they don't keep comin' because of the inconvenience. We have been taking that advice to heart, and almost half of our investigators are within 200 feet of our house (which is pretty close to the church too)

Sorry I don't have much time this week. I just really wanted to share about that prayer miracle. My area is going great. Lots of good things happening, and lots of things could be going better, but those things are getting less and less, so that's good.

"Life is good. Eternal life is great!"
-Me

Elder Fawson


P.S. Sorry for not saying more. I know you are just dying to know more about my goings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment