Monday, August 21, 2017

✊we tao-poed this house and they gave us the go away hand...✋

Magandang hapon sa inyong lahat! at least it's hapon dito. Maybe it's more in the gabi time for you. :)

[ Good afternoon to everyone! At least it's afternoon here. Maybe it's more in the night time for you. :) ]


This week has been pretty awesome. We were OYMing last Tuesday and we Tao-poed [knock knocked] this house and they gave us the go away hand, so we turned around just in time to see this guy across the street look at us then shut his door in the jiffiest way possible (even jiffier than peanut butter). We went and tao-poed his house like any good missionary would do and he pulled the old I'm-going-to-be-really-quiet-and-wait-for-them-to-go-away trick on us. We debated on camping out in front of his house all night so we could catch him on his way to work in the morning but opted out and finally left. 

Bowser






















Then we went to a house next to a tree covered in Bowser spikes and they let us right in. I like it when that happens! They were a super nice family and the dad already knows a bit about the church. We were like, "We're missionaries." and he was like, "Oh, Moroni, right?" "Yeah. that is right!" They seem super prepared. His wife was sorta sad that day because her mom had died the week before and she was doing some funeral thing later, so we've got a good Plan of Salvation message for her. :) The gospel really is for everyone! That was just one of the miracles we saw this week. Life is good!

We had stake coordination meeting last Thursday, so that killed almost all of that day to work, but it was fun anyways. Elder Tanner got to see Bishop Edwards talk about his strategies to help out his dead wood one last time, so you could say it was all worth it! :)

Another fun thing happened on Saturday. We found a dead rat in our back area. We just got rid of him this morning, and he was already half decayed and covered in hundreds of maggots. Don't worry, I snapped a photo that I'll send you someday when I can figure out my flash drive. Probably next week. :) 


Guess what. Elder Tanner has only like 2 weeks left in his mission and then I have only like less than 2 months. Then Elder Wilkes who just got here last transfer has only like 2 years left. that's three twos. If I was playing phase 10 I would only need one for set of 3 to pass the first phase. Cool huh? Wait!!! We had an investigator family come to church yesterday "and there were 3 in the family (School House Rock, 3 is a Magic Number)." That's my second set! Phase 2, I'm ready for ya! The only problem is I don't remember what phase 2 was. :(


Elder Tanner shared with me a discovery he made in his personal study the other day. I want you all to read D&C 38:28. Read it and think really hard how to apply that to your life. If a giant snake doesn't come to mind, I'll be sorely disappointed! :)

That's about all the fun stuff I did this week, except that we made a bunch of snickerdoodles this morning. Ovens are such a blessing! Mahal ko kayo!!!


Elder Fawson

No comments:

Post a Comment